January 31, 2007

Enero 28, 2007

I leave Bogota with my heart in my hands, still beaten and sore... What a month that had just passed. Had the best time in a long while. But the time had finally come to leave my dear hometown behind and start a new adventure in Mexico for the next 3 months.


Bog - Mex, AV 072. Actually a very pleasant flight, as usual with Avianca. Arrive in Mexico City at 12:35 local time and spend 2 hours in line doing immigration. Not good, considering that I got a Visa for 15 days only, and after all that waiting... What a problem. Got to hate mexicans for that, but this probably happened beacause I was arriving from Colombia... O well. That's reality for you right there. Good thing is that Alica and Marella were at the airport waiting for me, so that was nice.

Spent the rest of the day in Mexico, took a bus tour trough the city which gave us a quick glance of what this huge city has to offer. Pollution is everywhere, you feel you loose your breath every time you breathe here... And I thought Bogota was bad, but this city just takes the prize by far! Not the best thing if you ask me. The D.F. is also crowded to the point of despair. To many people squeezed together in one place.

At night we hook up with some people that are friends with Alica and had dinner and one beer after the other, just chatting and having a chilled Sunday evening. The beers finally turned out into a visit to a nearby bar until 2am. I was still sore from the flight and all the hustle of leaving Bogota behind, so I kept having memory flashes from back home and the amazing time spent in Colombia this past month.

Finally got back to the hotel and slept like a stone.

1 comment:

ZAHiDA MACHAN said...

I've never experienced Mexico City, only heard about it. But certainly have had a fair taste of Bogota. So I'm interested in hearing more on your comparison of it. :)