November 14, 2006

¿Qué es el Estado en Colombia?

El inmejorable Jaime Garzon. Q.E.P.D. Porque al que dice las cosas como son, en Colombia lo bajan. En su memoria...

Jaime Garzon was one of the most influencial satirical critics in Colombia during the 1990's... His words still hold true today, even 7 years after his assasination. He was not afraid to speak his mind, and thus gained a lot of enemies.

His particular style and poignant humor just cranks me up every time I hear him rant... the bad thing is that the videos I found on Youtube about him are all in Spanish... anyways, just wanted to share this with everybody, so there you go. This is the first video of a whole series to come. Many people from other Latin American regions will also identify themselves with his words, becuase what he is talking about applies to a broader context.

Jaime Garzon - ¿Qué es el Estado en Colombia?


PD: Mas Adelante vendra un post mas detallado sobre el trabajo y el legado de este gran personaje que nos decia las verdades en la cara, como ningun otro.

Saludos,

RuizSKBO

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh James y esas épocas del verdadero humort político.

Un homenaje merecido a Jaime Garzón Q.E.P.D.

Saludos desde el sur :D

Anonymous said...

no se por que, pero tu video no funciona, o por lo menos, desde mi compu, no funciona. Hay que hacer un nuevo post, porfa ;-)

Anonymous said...

cmgraber.livejournal.com:

I've never heard of this Jaime. My abuelita was a big fan of Coco Legran, and I have most of his acts memorized. Similar topics are discussed. Thanks for posting this - I enjoy how LA comedians provide humor to even the worst situations. I'm not surprised Carlos Mencia is taking North America by storm (despite his somewhat 'shock value' approach, he's still enjoyable).

Cheers,
Crystal

RuizSKBO said...

mierda. ok. Try this link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rLi-2V0DE0g

Anonymous said...

Now the video works perfectly well. Thanks for the post. I didn't know about him before, but his words certainly are hilarious, and I thought it awesome that he could speak out in that way. It was cool to read all the comments about him on youtube as well - seems like many estan de acuerdo.

Have you ever heard of Julian Rodriguez? I believe he is from Cali, but he uses song and theatre as social satire, and I always get a good laugh myself. I should lend you the CD.